How it works
What is a OSAT (On site assessment)
OSAT is an NVQ training and evidence gathering process designed specifically for construction workers to prove competence and knowledge. We can arrange at least two work based assessments to confirm your competence in your selected field and claim your NVQ which will generate the correct CSCS card for you.
- Learners must be aged 16 and over and as a NVQ they must be employed in an appropriate role to be able to generate evidence of competence.
- All learners must pass the Construction Skills Health & Safety test (CSCS) to claim the qualification. This is organised by you, details on how to book the test can be provided or we can book this for you at an additional cost.
How we assess
- Observation of Performance in the Work Environment
- Examining Products of Work
- Oral / Written Questioning
- Discussion with the Learner
- Use of Others (Witness Testimony)
- Looking at Learner Statements
- Recognising Prior Learning
- Skills Tests
How long does it take to gain an OSAT?
It depends on you. The assessor will visit you at work on several occasions (the higher the qualification the more visits). These are on dates arranged at a convenient time for you and your workplace.. The whole process typically takes ten weeks or less.
The course costs will be split up into three easy payments. We are aware that it’s sometimes easier to pay in instalments and spread the cost.
As an example, the cost of the Level 2 NVQ in Interior Systems (Boarder) is £1,200 inc VAT
Payment breakdown would be:
- Initial payment to be registered – £400
- Second payment due before final visit- £400
- Final Payment due for qualification to be awarded – £400
Employers that pay a CITB Levy can claim grants from the CITB and may be eligible for up to £600 per candidate. Information is available on the CITB website
Apply for a course
Fill in our five-minute online application form to register your interest in any of our courses